Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Davey and Goliath

When I was a kid, there was a claymation show called Davey and Goliath about a kid "Davey" and his dog "Goliath" who would learn some kind of morality lesson in each show. I don't remember if I actually liked the show or not, which originally aired in the 1960's,but I remember watching it all the time because the claymation was cool and I liked the way the dog said "Daaavey,"

There is a new show on Cartoon Networks' Adult Swim block of shows called Moral Orel that is basically a parody of Davey and Goliath. There's no dog, which is disappointing, but the show is a riot. The funniest parts are very subtle. Like AquaTeen Hunger Force, it's on way too late at night, but do yourself a favor and TiVo this show.

Moral Orel


Goliath and Davey


By the way, I have been looking through my recent posts and noticed how many "plugs" I give to products. Believe me, I am not getting paid by these companies. It's funny just thinking about that notion. I just happen to be a fan of "NEW" stuff, and like to pass along information about products and entertainment I enjoy. I think Malcom Gladwell has a name for people like me in his book, "The Tipping Point."

No comments: