Tuesday, February 21, 2006

New Nosebleed Solution

Last week I was telling my wife, who frequently gets nosebleeds, that she goes about stopping them all wrong. I told her that she needs to put her head back to reduce the blood flow to the nostrils. She said that theory has never been proven. She's right - several places I checked advise against leaning back because the blood would then go into your stomach and cause you to become nauseous. Go figure, I was wrong again!

Well there's a new product on the market called NasalCEASE that is a natural "biopolymer" product that releases calcium to quickly stop bleeding. It's $11.50 for a pack of five and is available at CVS. Supposedly 30% of households in America include at least one person who suffers from minor recurring nosebleeds. I don't know what the statistic is for how many of those households also include a know-it-all.

No comments: